woensdag 24 juni 2009

Just a note about Ad-Sense

In the 3 months since I put Google Ad-Sense on this blog, I have earned 1 euro and 42 cents from the advertistments. But the real prize is to see what comes up in the automatic selection of the right advert for the blog based on context. I shall never know where Ball Valves came from, and I could not steer it towards dog-food, but please look at the market Google thinks is appropriate fo me now. In the piece about Merel's birthday I mentioned a few times '' Old People' and the sentence 'During the week I spent much time tying to erect a party tent. Good erections are a blessing at 67.'

The Ad selection is now:

Need Mobility Equipment?
Buy Direct From The Manufacturer New Zealand Made Mobility Products
www.tubularequipment.co.nz/ rollators, crutches, walking sticks, wheelchairs
Licht Urineverlies?
Envive van Always. Haal gratis sample op de site!
Disability Ramps
Find Vendors of Portable Ramps In the Directory at Business.com http://www.business.com/
Ideal Disabled Soulmate
Find Your Ideal Disabled Soulmate. Join Free. SMS, Email, Live Chat... http://www.datedisabled.com/
Folding Walkers from $79
Four wheeled rollators from $189.99 Shop over 700 mobility supplies!
elitemedical.com/walkers.html

......and if you click on Family and get to the bit called 'Reflections' which was a note that said how fortunate I am to be in good health, with a wonderful family etc, while others face sickness and pain, Ad-Sense targets appropriately ...

Vrouwen zoeken op Lexa
Date met 1000en leuke singles! Zoek via leeftijd, geslacht & foto. http://www.lexa.nl/
Single Indian Girls
Beautiful Single Indian Girls waiting for you. Find your love now. http://www.lavaplace.com/

Good heavens! One day software will rule all our decision making! I hope it grows up!


Breaking News! 2.30 Thursday morning.

YES! It took awhile, but here is the proof - I have created a market and the Ad-Sharks are circling! In the piece entitled 'Tony the Boy Racer' I wrote -

The following is an experiment. Please ignore. I want Ad-Sense to get off Ball Valves and on to something else. How about Dog Food? Rattle on about dog food for a bit and see if the experiment works. My dog, which I haven't got, likes food, particularly dog food. O yes, very fond of dog food is my dog, dog food being his favorite food, what with him being a dog and all, so dog food would seem to be a wise choice for a dog needing food. Dog food? I only have to mention dog food and my dogs thinks dog food is just the food for a dog like me, and all my dog friends like dog food as well. Dog food is just the thing for us as well they, cry, bring on the dog food. Nothing like dog food for a hungry dog, oh my goodness me, all those chunky lumps of dog food in a nourishing dog food jelly. When it's time for dog food, all my doggy friends chant 'dog food, dog food, dog food' over and over again, 'dog food, dog food, dog food' they go, repeating themselves as if dog food and yet more dog food was the only thing on their minds. Apart from even more dog food.

And the result?

dog food Info
All there is to know on dog food Feed
http://www.allaboutfeed.net/

YES!

P.S. Sara and Stef : Thanks for Father's Day messages on the Wall on Facebook. Telephone not working - has been dropped too many times. It is now replaced by a non-wireless relic from the Napoleonic Wars. I never see either of you online for Skype. Can you call us (Use Bernadet account - she has a nice webcam/mike setup. Mine is shitty.)

Love you - Dad.

1 opmerking:

Heiloo-Online zei

This is what I saw just now:

Buurt Dating Heiloo
Meld je Gratis aan en maak contact met duizenden singles in Heiloo
www.datingeasy.nl/inschrijven

Does Bernadet knows about this new hobby of yours?