woensdag 27 augustus 2008

Horses and things

Some more stuff found while scraping the bottom of the camera. This is the bridge which Rosa and Katinka usually negotiate quite safely on the way to the Pony Club for a lesson. Last week it went completely wrong. Merel on Katinka went first without a problem, but Rosa with Sophie on board stopped in the middle and then decided to back off, but unfortunately not in a straight line. Happily the drop is not so large, quite unsuitable for bungy jumping, and the mud is extremely soft, black and squidgy to break one's fall. And it stinks. Poor Sophie and the horse made a graceful backward dive. The horse scrambled out one way and Sophie the other, while I was still deciding which one to jump in after and save. My indecision saved me from a smelly mud bath. Both horse and Sophie were unharmed, although they had both turned black by now. I myself recieved a nasty drop of black mud on the tip of my nose which quite ruined my handkerchief. We will not be using this bridge again.



Even shit-shoveling can be fun if you are in good company.


Merel with Oscar, a Shitland Pony of our neighbour


Theres something irritating on my back!


Ah! Thats rubbed it off!


Look carefully at this picture of Emma jumping with Katinka for 10 minutes while repeating the words 'Tense, nervous headache'.

Geen opmerkingen: